Although it is an ongoing battle for every medical specialty, physiatrists are particularly prone to the detrimental effects of burnout. Your Academy is acutely aware of the growing weight physiatrists carry and has taken the following steps to continue to support our members:
- Fighting reimbursement denials.
- Developing AAPM&R’s Registry to provide a one-stop-shop for MIPS reporting and an automated mechanism for gathering the essential data for proving the value of physiatry.
- Advocating to the American Board of Medical Specialties and American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR) to lessen the burden of Maintenance of Certification.
- Advocating for Post-Acute Care Reform and Regulatory Relief. AAPM&R urges Congress to avoid harmful Medicare savings proposals that would erect arbitrary barriers to rehabilitation in post-acute care settings.
- Collaborating with the AMA on a series of short video tips, including one providing practical tips for preventing burnout.