Teach Everywhere: Changing the Teaching Paradigm
Wednesday, July 14 at 7 pm (CT)
The COVID pandemic spurred the development and expansion of remote teaching, which has revolutionized access to educational material. Given its convenience, cost effectiveness, simplicity and national - even global - reach, we expect remote teaching will persist beyond the pandemic. It is therefore essential that physicians adapt to this new teaching paradigm by creating a home or office teaching space and adjusting their teaching style, content and assignments to suit a virtual platform.
One challenge for physiatrists in particular is how to effectively teach ultrasound skills which has traditionally involved hands-on experience. This course will review the need for remote teaching, how to set up the optimal teaching space, and how to best utilize YouTube and Zoom for remote teaching, both live and pre-recorded. It will also demonstrate how to set up your home or office computer and ultrasound machine for online demonstration. Register today!
- Heakyung Kim, MD, FAAPMR
- Kentaro Onishi, DO, FAAPMR
- Ray A. Stanford, DO
- Amy L. Tenaglia, MD
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- State the benefits of remote teaching (both live and pre-recorded lectures)
- Describe the features of the optimal home or office setting for remote teaching
- List effective teaching methods for online learning
- Describe how to utilize the features of Zoom and YouTube to create effective lectures
- Describe how to set up your personal computer and ultrasound machine to use for a remote live demonstration