We are thrilled to announce the launch of our new podcast series, Advancing PM&R!
Now available on your podcast platform of choice:
Advancing PM&R will also be available on other platforms - coming soon!
This series explores a wide range of themes and issues that are of interest and importance to our specialty, such as: the future of PM&R with new practice models, innovations critical to realizing PM&R BOLD, real-life challenges PM&R physicians are facing and more.
Our engaging hosts include Michelle Gittler, MD, FAAPMR, Medical Director at Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital and Prakash Jayabalan, MD, PhD, FAAPMR, the physician scientist director of the Nancy W. Knowles Strength and Endurance Lab at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
We are excited to feature a diverse blend of guests who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table, providing unique perspectives and insights on the topics we discuss.
Check out the first four episodes and stay tuned for additional episodes being released in the coming months and throughout 2024:
- Episode 1: Meet the Hosts – A Conversation with Dr. Michelle Gittler and Dr. Prakash Jayabalan
- Meet the hosts of Advancing PM&R and learn more about them, how they entered physiatry and what they are now up to in their career.
- Episode 2: A Conversation with Dr. Vovanti Jones
- Join our hosts as they hear from Vovanti Jones, MD, FAAPMR, a member of the Academy’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee and assistant professor at the University of Missouri-Columbia. In this episode, Dr. Jones discusses her training, leadership roles and life outside of medicine.
- Episode 3: A Conversation with Dr. Matthew Grierson
- Drs. Gittler and Jayabalan are joined by Matthew Grierson, MD, FAAPMR, the Academy’s Reimbursement and Policy Review Committee Chair, who recently opened a private practice, Sound Spine and Joint Physicians, and currently serves on the American Medical Association Relative Value Scale Update Committee.
- #AAPMR23 Special Episode: All About Networking
- Sarah Hwang, MD, FAAPMR, Program Planning Committee Chair is joined by Adele Meron, MD, FAAPMR, and Aaron Yang, MD, FAAPMR to discuss all the fun and networking coming up at this year’s AAPM&R Annual Assembly. Their discussion includes highlights of the Assembly, tips for starting conversations and a quick-fire section on networking opportunities for every career stage!