Steven Flanagan, MD, FAAPMR, New York University Langone Health, Rusk Rehabilitation, New York, NY
Rita Hamilton, DO, FAAPMR, Baylor Scott & White Rehab Institute for Rehabilitation, Dallas, TX
PM&R department chairs are a unique group of leaders in physiatry navigating a rapidly-evolving and increasingly complex environment. This invite-only summit is intended to provide a private, collegial venue for this group to gather and discuss the challenges they are facing, as well as share strategies to address those challenges.
The 2020 summit will focus on the business of medicine, and the challenges faced by department chairs to advance their mission and protect their staff in an increasingly corporatized health care system that is focused on the bottom line. The highly interactive format will include a mix of outside speakers, panel presentations, and small- and large- group discussions to explore the difficult and complex issues this group faces.
This is an opportunity to take some time and space with your fellow department chairs to discuss the difficult challenges you face and come away with practical, concrete ideas that you can bring back to your job immediately. An executive summary of themes and strategies will be provided to attendees following the summit. This activity has been approved for up to 9.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
This summit is an invite-only event for PM&R department chairs and/or their equivalent PM&R division chiefs that report up through another department.
At the conclusion of this summit, participants will be able to:
- Identify current and emerging trends in the business of healthcare, and discuss the real and potential impact on their ability to run their PM&R Department.
- Discuss the trend of corporate entities acquiring (or partially acquiring) institutions, and strategies for protecting your department.
- Discuss strategies for incentivizing, rewarding, recruiting and retaining staff in an environment that is focused on the bottom line.
- Identify methods for promoting faculty wellness in a challenging healthcare environment.
- Implement new approaches to working with the C-Suite to balance mission with business priorities.
Discuss methods for positioning and selling the value of PM&R in the broader vision of the health system.
This is an invite-only event. For more information, please contact (847) 737-6000.
The Hyatt Lodge, a 20-minute drive from either Chicago airport, offers a private hideaway on acres of forest preserve, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center and Olympic-sized pool. Convenient and affordable, this picturesque location is perfect for a weekend retreat.
The room rate is $149 plus taxes per night for rooms reserved prior to September 14th. To make your hotel reservations, please visit: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/CHILO/G-AAPM