As the primary medical society for the specialty of physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R), AAPM&R is proud to offer a variety of career and patient resources for Academy members, their patients and their families. Explore below to learn more about our latest offerings.
Conditions and Treatments
- Physiatrists evaluate and treat patients with short- or long-term physical and/or cognitive impairments and disabilities that result from musculoskeletal conditions (neck or back pain, or sports or work injuries), neurological conditions (stroke, brain injury or spinal cord injury) or medical other conditions. Our goal is to decrease pain and enhance performance without surgery.
- View a list of the most common PM&R-related conditions treated by physiatrists, including post-stroke pain and traumatic brain injury.
- Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine is an exciting new clinical pathway for physiatry, offering rewarding work for physicians who practice in this area. Learn more in this series of FAQs.
- Educate physicians, administrators, and patients about the different levels of care and the role of a physiatrist at each level, based on current Stroke Patient Care guidelines.
PM&R Compensation Survey Report
- This is a 250+ page document, which highlights key learnings and comprehensive, de-identified data collected from physiatrists, including median salaries, salary by practice area, demographic and production statistics, and more. AAPM&R members receive free access.
Physician Wellness Resources
Explore all of AAPM&R's resources, tools, and solutions focused on the daily challenges of practicing medicine as well as barriers impacting the specialty as a whole.
Practice Preparedness Resources
The Academy offers resources for physiatrists to help improve their practice functionality. Learn more.
Career Development Resources
The complimentary resources below were developed for residents and physiatrists in the first few years of practice:
Job and Fellowship Board
Explore the largest PM&R-dedicated job board to find the latest job and fellowship postings.
Need help navigating the Job and Fellowship Board?
What is a Physiatrist?
Foundations, Associations, and Societies
- View a list of foundations, associations, and societies that patients of PM&R physicians may find of interest.
- Insurance Discounts: Through Treloar and Heisel, Inc., Academy members can receive reduced rates on insurance for disability, life, business overhead, long-term care, and auto/homeowners.