The United States health care system is in a state of disruption. The individual practitioner is feeling the compounding effects of change and the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is at a crossroads. Exciting opportunities are available for PM&R to make a positive impact on health care and the patients we serve, and AAPM&R is taking action.
Explore the links below to learn how to get in on the action and see what steps your Academy is taking to advocate for the interests of physiatry.
- Member Action Center – use this grassroots lobbying tool to connect with members of Congress, legislative chambers, and congressional committees through letters and e-mails on important policies.
- Collaborations – view the more than 25 coalitions on which your Academy actively participates and learn about the Academy-led Concussion Writing Panel
- Active Liaisons – meet the Academy members represented PM&R on a national scale by sounding the physiatric voice on various topics
- At the State Level – explore current goals and efforts at the state level
- At the National Level – explore testimony, comments, and other efforts on a nation-wide scale