All AAPM&R resident and associate fellow members belong to the Physiatrist in Training Council (PHiT). The PHiT Council focuses on providing valuable feedback on behalf of resident and associate fellow members to
assist the strategic coordinating committees to support their needs through every year of residency and fellowship.
The Council is governed by an elected board that meets regularly throughout the year. The PHiT board focuses on developing and sustaining a strong resident and associate fellow community that provides a valuable member experience for all PM&R residents
Get involved today!
- 2021-2022 Officer Slate Announced
- Vote for your PHiT Board Officers by August 19! Read each candidate's personal statement and submit your vote for President, Vice President and Secretary. To vote, check your inbox for the email containing a unique link to your ballot.
- Read more about the benefits of serving on the PHiT Board from current members:
“AAPM&R provides medical students, residents, fellows and attendings with countless opportunities for career and personal development. The Academy truly has a purpose for all. I wanted the chance to give back to the Academy. The PHiT Board did
just that for me. It is a privilege to serve on the PHiT Board, where I have the opportunity to collaborate with the Academy and members across the country, while striving to achieve a common goal of positively shaping the field of physiatry for all."
- Stephanie E. DeLuca, MD, MS, PHiT Nominating Committee
"Being on the PHiT Board provided me the opportunity to share ideas, create goals and improve the field of physiatry with wonderful PM&R colleagues. It empowers residents to effect positive change for their future careers." - Michael J. Del Busto,
Jr., MD, PHiT Nominating Committee
“Serving on the PHiT Council is the single highest yield leadership experience I have ever had. The opportunities for mentorship, networking, leadership, idea generation and learning the inner workings of our profession are second to none. At the
end of the day, it is incredibly refreshing and rewarding to work with a group that ensures that you are spending your time working on high-value tasks by giving the resident and/or fellow perspective to push forward strategic initiatives to elevate
our field nationally.” - Scott E. Klass, MD, MS, ATC, PHiT Board President
- PHiT Ambassador Program
- Another volunteer opportunity is through AAPM&R’s PHiT Ambassador program. The Physiatrist in Training Council Ambassador program consists of a PGY2 from some PM&R residencies. We hope to have a resident from each residency
in the near future. Each ambassador serves as a liaison from their program to AAPM&R. Ambassadors are asked to communicate messages to their resident colleagues and often providing feedback to AAPM&R. Thank you to this year’s
- View additional opportunities here.
In this Section