AAPM&R Fellowship Podcast Series: Interventional Training
The purpose of this podcast series is to provide listeners with a wide breadth of information that will help them better understand interventional fellowships. With the overlap of specialties, PM&R residents are often left in a confusing situation. Included in this series is a number of interviews with various programs that are meant to help navigate and identify the decision points for pursuing an ACGME pain, NASS-recognized interventional spine and musculoskeletal medicine, or ACGME sports program for fellowship training.
For those interested in advancing their interventional training, you'll want to hear Dr. Benjamin Gill, DO, MBA from University of Missouri PM&R Program interview key figures within the field, fellowship directors, fellowship alums and current fellows as they share their experiences and insights.
Included in this series are the following interviews:
- D.J. Kennedy, MD, from Vanderbilt University Medical Center PM&R Program
- Casey A. Murphy, MD and Ethan S. Rault, MD from Louisiana State University
- Zachary L. McCormick, MD, Aaron M. Conger, DO, and Taylor R. Burnham, DO from University of Utah
- Jason M. Friedrich, MD, Dustin J.M. Anderson, MD, and Debbie Lee, MD from University of Colorado
- Jonathan S. Kirschner, MD, Roger Luo, MD, and Deirdre S. Rodericks, MD, from Hospital for Special Surgery
- Jaymin Patel, MD, Anand B. Joshi, MD, MHA, and Chelsea D. Frost, MD, MS, from Emory University
- Sayed E. Wahezi, MD, Shayan Senthelal, MD, and Shiv H. Patel, MD from Montefiore Medical Center
- Joshua H. Levin, MD, Patricia Z. Zheng, MD, and Manoj Mohan, DO from Stanford University
- Danielle M. Perret, MD from the University of California (Irvine)
- Brian M. Bruel, MD and Ameet S. Nagpal, MD from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio UT
Interviews are still being conducted and will be added as they become available!
Career Path Series
Presented by the AAPM&R Public and Professional Awareness Committee. The following podcasts are interviews with AAPM&R members who represent a variety of practice areas and career stages within the specialty of physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R).
The podcasts and videos in the Career Path Series include:
- Personal anecdotes of how different physiatrists chose and developed their career paths
- Research, training and teaching opportunities
- Examples of techniques/procedures as well as conditions treated
- Predictions about the future of PM&R, including the job market
- and more!
Listen to our podcasts:
You can also download the entire series here (zip file).
Watch our videos:
As part of Advancing PM&R BOLD, members shared their thoughts on the future of rehabilitation medicine.
Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine - Susan Apkon, MD
Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine - Stephanie Tow, MD
Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine - Sean Smith, MD
Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine - Ekta Gupta, MD
Musculoskeletal Care - Christopher McMullen, MD
Rehabilitation Care Continuum - Miguel Escalon, MD, MPH