We fully understand that you may have questions about the rapidly-changing environment and we are committed to sharing clear, up-to-date information so when you need to, you can make the most informed decisions.
To that end, we have been researching and collecting resources from physiatrist members and are continuing to add them in our COVID-19 Member Support and Resource Center. We have also partnered and are collaborating with other medical societies to share resources and continue discussions to bring you the information you need on the frontlines. Here are a few recently-added resources:
- Member-to-Member Guidance:
- March 19: From David W. Lee, MD, FAAPMR, How Coronavirus (COVID-19) Effects Your Interventional Procedure – a document he is handing out to his patients.
- March 16: From Lennox McNeary, MD, FAAPMR; Susan Maltser, DO, FAAPMR; and Monica Verduzco-Gutierrez, MD, FAAPMR, Navigating Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Physiatry: A CAN Report for Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
- From AAPM&R:
- March 18: AAPM&R sent a letter to CMS seeking additional waivers on regulations relevant to the IRF, SNF, and other PAC settings as well as guidance pertaining to outpatient care including telemedicine provisions.
- From Other Organizations:
- March 19: Access the Society of Critical Care Medicine's (SCCM) complimentary online training, Critical Care for Non-ICU Clinicians, for health care professionals who could benefit from critical care training.
- March 18: Federal relief packages have been approved (and one in progress) to address the COVID-19 pandemic. Find key information regarding the status, summary of key provisions, and other relevant information here.
- March 18: Insurance companies are responding to COVID-19 by adjusting coverage including changes to prior authorization, copays, telemedicine coverage, and beyond. AHIP is tracking these changes on a payer-by-payer basis on their website.
- March 16: COVID-19 Preparedness Checklist for Nursing Homes and Other Long-Term Care Settings
- March 13: CMS announced 1,135 waivers, including waivers to the SNF 3-day rule and IRF 60% rule. View them here.
- March 13: The Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) Editorial Panel has created a new CPT code for COVID-19 diagnostic testing. The code is effective March 13, 2020 and further information can be found here.
The COVID-19 Member Support and Resource Center is updated at least daily (if not more often) to assist you with patient care. If you can't find what you need or would like additional support, we're here to help. Contact us at (847) 737-6000 or email email@example.com. And, please continue sharing your resources in the Care in the Time of COVID-19 Member Forum on PhyzForum!