Outpatient Rehabilitation Requirements for Patients with COVID-19: The Role of the Physiatrist in Transitioning Patients from Inpatient Care to Outpatient Rehab
Originally recorded May 20, 2020
Listen to this webinar to learn about the role of physiatrists in transitioning patients surviving COVID-19 to outpatient rehabilitation services. The panel will discuss their experiences and share practical strategies to enhance the outpatient care of COVID-19 patients. Novel approaches to outpatient care delivery including transitional care management, telehealth physiatrist consultation, and telehealth therapy services will be discussed. The specific needs of patients surviving COVID-19 will be reviewed including: pulmonary rehab, neuro-rehab, and neuromuscular rehab. Strategies to re-open outpatient physiatry and therapy clinics will be addressed.
- Alex Moroz, MD, FAAPMR, Vice Chair Education, Rusk Rehab Dept.
- Greg J. Sweeny, DPT, Director of Outpatient Pulmonary Rehab, Rusk Rehab Dept.
- Monica Tietsworth, MBA, CMPE, Department Administrator, Rusk Rehab Dept.
- Lyn D. Weiss, MD, FAAPMR, Chair, Rehab Rusk NYU Winthrop
- Jonathan H. Whiteson MD, FAAPMR, Vice Chair of Clinical Operations, Rusk Rehab Dept.