The Academy has undertaken comprehensive efforts to support our call for a national plan to address Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection (PASC or Long COVID) and the 3 to 10 million Americans it is affecting.
In March 2021, we launched a Multi-Disciplinary PASC Collaborative of experts to develop:
- clinical guidance to improve quality-of-care.
- formal education and resources to improve experience-of-care and health equity.
The collaborative is led by:
- Benjamin Abramoff, MD, MS – University of Pennsylvania – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Eric Herman, MD – Oregon Health & Science University – Chief Primary Care and Population Health Officer
- Jason Maley, MD – Massachusetts General Hospital – Pulmonary & Critical Care
25 Post COVID Clinics from across the country and their practitioners from multiple medical specialties, healthcare disciplines, as well as federal representation and patient organizations are participating.