Head to me.aapmr.org to access the new stroke self-assessment examination for practitioners (SAE-P). This new SAE-P After completing this enduring activity, learners should be able to:
- Know the most important non-modifiable and modifiable risk factors for stroke.
- Differentiate between the Bobath and Brunnstrom approaches to movement therapy.
- Understand the current imaging modalities utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of stroke.
- Recognize new trends in imaging that may improve stroke care and outcomes.
- Differentiate the various locations of strokes based on the clinical presentation.
- Recognize the clinical findings of shoulder pain related to complex regional pain syndrome.
- Modify your practice to include certain treatments for shoulder pain post stroke.
- Interpret the data on acute treatments for stroke, including vascular and medical treatments.
- Define the most appropriate treatments for secondary stroke prevention.
- Appraise the efficacy of therapy treatments after stroke.
START LEARNING NOW!
Don't forget: One complimentary SAE-P is included with AAPM&R membership for fellow and associate members. Complete this new SAE-P and earn 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ to meet your annual American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part II requirement.