Not sure where to start when making your New Years Resolutions? We have some ideas for you!
2020 is going to be filled with new content, new ways to grow as a physiatrist, and new ways to learn. Here are 10 ways you can get involved with your Academy and your specialty in the new year!
- Advance My Leadership Skills
- Boldly advance your physiatric leadership skills with our Leadership Institute. The AAPM&R Leadership Institute provides multiple pathways to develop physiatry-focused skills for all experience and time commitment levels. Sign up for 1 of our 4 pathways to gain the skills you need to excel as a PM&R leader.
- Support the Specialty
- As the premier medical society for the specialty, AAPM&R is leading physiatry's impact throughout health care. Renew your dues and join more than 9,000 practicing and in-training physiatrists! Your membership gives you exclusive access to content, training, and networking that you won't find elsewhere.
- Raise My Hand!
- Join Team Physiatry by volunteering with the Academy. Volunteers are the fuel that power the Academy. With every new volunteer, AAPM&R becomes more energized, more diverse and inclusive, and better equipped to reach our common goals. There are plenty of opportunities on our Team Physiatry roster to get involved.
- Expand/Show Off My Expertise
- Show off your clinical expertise by developing an instructional video. Consider yourself a subject matter expert? Create a video based on your area of interest to teach others and expand their knowledge base. Check out past videos for inspiration on me.aapmr.org!
- Become an Expert
- Designed by physiatrists, for physiatrists, our STEP Certificate Programs teach and assess important physiatric skills to enhance your skill set. These multi-tiered training programs move participants through a series of steps, both online and live, to strengthen and grow your knowledge base and career opportunities. Sign up for our popular Ultrasound Program and our new in 2020 Interventional Spasticity Program!
- Fight the Opioid Crisis
- The opioid crisis has been declared a national emergency. Physiatrists are at the forefront of treatment of acute and chronic pain conditions, which means it's imperative practicing PM&R physicians are prepared to understand and fight the opioid epidemic.Join us May 1-2 in Nashville, TN to learn about the real-world applications and implications of Navigating the Opioid Crisis and what it means for your practice and patients.
- Demonstrate My Value as a Physiatrist
- How do we accurately document what it means to be a PM&R physician? The AAPM&R Registry Steering Committee is currently working to answer that question by developing an architecture to collect the specific data points you need to seamlessly and effortlessly prove your value as a physiatrist. Become a Registry Insider today to learn more about these efforts and where they're headed in 2020 and beyond!
- Get Expert Career Advice
- Are you a PGY3, PGY4, or physiatrist 1-3 years post-residency? Unsure what the future holds for you as a young practitioner? Our early-career course is just for you! Directed by leading physiatrists, the Early-Career Decisions for Success in Physiatry Practice Course provides a roadmap for establishing a successful physiatry career. Join us in New York City April 3-4 to learn from the experts and take the next step in your physiatry career!
- Join a Member Community
- Connect with peers who share your interests by joining an AAPM&R Member Community! These self-identified, organically-established communities offer the opportunity for members of all backgrounds and experiences to connect, share experiences, and advance the future of the specialty together. With 38 Member Communities to become a part of, we're certain you'll find your niche. If not, step up and create a Member Community of your own!
- Attend #AAPMR20
- Just as the weather is getting a little cooler around the country, you'll want to join us for one last taste of summer. Come to sunny San Diego, CA November 12-15 and be part of 3,000+ physiatrists celebrating and learning together as a specialty! Team Physiatry will be in full force at #AAPMR20, so keep an eye out for updates and registration information - coming this spring!
Of course, these are just a few suggestions that come with being an active member of the Academy. Follow us on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for more updates on what we have in store for 2020. We're excited for all the new and innovative ways we'll be advancing the specialty in the new year, and hope you are, too!