Who Should Attend?
Intended for physiatrists completing their training (PGY-2, PGY-3, PGY-4, and fellows) and physiatrists within the first 3 years post-training.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize advantages and disadvantages of various practice settings.
- Identify leadership opportunities within the local practice/organization and within the greater medical community.
- Analyze the various physician performance and compensation metrics.
- Use AAPM&R resources for licensure, MOC, and practice performance.
Feedback from Past Attendees
“I thought the early-career course was excellent. I really enjoyed the day and I learned a lot that I will be applying in the near future.” – Past Attendee
“Anyone considering attending the course should absolutely attend. The networking with other early-career physiatrists, as well as with those running the course, is excellent. And all of the various things I learned throughout the day really reaches far beyond what I expected. I would even consider attending the course again.” – Past Attendee
“I thought the course was incredibly monumental to help advance my career.” – Past Attendee
“I definitely think this is a great course for the senior resident physicians and early career physicians who want a refresher in how to navigate their career or just helping senior residents understand how to plan their career in the next few years.” – Past Attendee
“I feel the early career decisions course was informative and would give all residents the basic foundation for future practice success.” – Past Attendee
“As a new attending building an outpatient general PM&R practice from the ground up, I could not have asked for a better experience.” – Past Attendee
“These are topics that are rarely covered by residency programs, so it’s a great resource for physiatrists who are early in their careers to get a 'lay of the land.'” – Past Attendee
Faculty and topics subject to change.
Through engaging presentations and panel discussions, the course will focus on:
- Building leadership skills in the workplace and within professional organizations
- Practice improvement
- Non-clinical career opportunities
- Practice setting advantages and disadvantages
- Physician performance metrics and compensation strategies
- Navigating credentialing requirements
- AAPM&R resources to assist the early-career physiatrist
FULL AGENDA COMING SOON.