Moving Physiatry Forward
AAPM&R has been on a journey since 2016, gaining member input to create a new vision for the specialty. We gathered input from thousands of members and ultimately identified and created a unified vision for physiatry:
- Physiatrists are the essential medical experts in value-based evaluation, diagnosis, and management of neuromusculoskeletal and disabling conditions.
- Physiatrists are indispensable leaders in directing rehabilitation and recovery, and in preventing injury and disease.
- Physiatrists are vital in optimizing outcomes and function early and throughout the continuum of patient care.
Now, the Academy is focused on how we can transform the specialty and make this vision a reality. To do this, we need the entire specialty to support this effort and get involved. We are stronger together!
How Do I Know If I’m Eligible to Renew?
You are eligible to renew if:
Not sure? Contact the Member Services team at (847) 737-6000 or email email@example.com.
Not Seeing the Dues Renewal Box on mē®?
That means it is not time for you to renew yet, or your membership may have lapsed! Please call our Member Services team at (847) 737-6000 to confirm your renewal status.
When Should I Renew By?
Membership dues have remained a consistent rate since 2012. The official AAPM&R Fellow and Associate membership renewal deadline is December 31, 2018. AAPM&R encourages members to renew their dues in a timely manner to avoid a lapse in membership benefits, and eliminate unnecessary communications related to dues renewal. After February 1, 2019, membership benefits will be placed on-hold, including access to your complimentary self-assessment and members-only web resources, and your dues fee will increase by $75.
How Can I Renew My Dues?
There are 3 ways to renew your membership dues:
Click here to log in. Dues renewal is available on the mē® website and log in is required. A dues renewal box will appear on the left-hand side of the page after you log in. Upon completion and submission of your online dues renewal, you will receive a confirmation receipt at your preferred email address in your member profile. All electronic submissions and transactions are secure.
- By Mail
Simply enclose your payment with a copy of your invoice and mail it to the remittance address:
PO Box 95528
Chicago, IL 60694-5528
- By Phone
Call the AAPM&R Member Services team at (847) 737-6000 from 8:30 am–5 pm (CT) to renew over the phone. When renewing over the phone, you must pay with a credit card.
If you experience difficulty at any point during the renewal process, please do not hesitate to contact AAPM&R Member Services at (847) 737-6000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't Forget to Update Your Member Profile!
Ensure your practice and contact information in your member profile is up-to-date by clicking here. This is the best way to make sure you are visible in the Find a PM&R Physician tool and to confirm that you receive important communications regarding Academy and PM&R-specialty news.
We are Stronger Together!
AAPM&R is focused on how we can transform the specialty and make our vision a reality. To do this, we need the entire specialty to support this effort and get involved.
In 2019, AAPM&R is offering NEW opportunities to support engagement and collaboration:
- NEW Member Communities: Organically formed and inclusively focused, Member Communities are based on however you want to connect with your peers.
- NEW Diversity and Inclusion Initiative: AAPM&R wants to ensure that we continue to offer a welcoming environment for diverse member engagement, hold our leadership accountable to cultivate and support diverse input and perspectives, and train members to be leaders within their communities. Diversity and inclusion are important to AAPM&R, and we look forward to expanding upon our efforts in 2019.
- AAPM&R Registry: The collective data of the specialty can reinforce the value of our specialty and position us for success in the future of health care. Our 450,000 patient visit records can grow exponentially if members prioritize and get involved in this important initiative—imagine what all that data can tell us about our specialty and the patients we serve.
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) Committee: We are actively engaging leaders in critical dialogues about the skills required to make the vision a reality. Together, we can position the next generations of physiatrists for success!
- Learning Collaboratives: The 2018 Annual Assembly kicked off efforts to support year-round collaboration! Learning Collaboratives were created to facilitate member dialogue and exchange, so that members can work together to figure out how to implement the vision in their individual settings and locales.
When we work together to make the vision a reality, we are stronger as individual physicians and as a specialty. In turn, our voice becomes stronger in health care and more impactful for our patients. Help us become stronger by renewing your AAPM&R membership!
Strengthening the specialty of PM&R and supporting members’ practices and patients, AAPM&R offers a full depth and breadth of benefits designed to help PM&R physicians meet new challenges and build successful careers. From networking activities, to educational resources and career advice, we have it all!