- Andrew Gitkind, MD, FAAPMR, medical director of the Montefiore Spine Group and associate director of the Multidisciplinary Pain Program at Montefiore Health System, discusses how he helps patients manage their pain without the use of opioids. Read more.
- Brenna R. Green, DO, FAAPMR, medical director of the Spine, Joint and Pain Center at Murfreesboro Medical Clinic, was listed as a 2018 Women in Business honoree by Murfreesboro Magazine. Read more.
- Rebecca Hayworth, MD, FAAPMR, physiatrist at Rehab Med H and H, is hosting an educational seminar about stroke in mid-April. Read more.
- Darryl L. Kaelin, MD, FAAPMR, medical director of the Frazier Rehab Institute and president of the American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Joel Stein, MD, FAAPMR, from Weill Cornell Medicine in New York discuss the recent CMS policy change affecting the 3-hour threshold. Read more.
- D.J. Kennedy, MD, FAAPMR, chair of the PM&R department at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, discusses the art of hip hinging. Read more.
- Mooyeon Oh-Park, MD, FAAPMR, was recently named the new senior vice president and chief medical officer at Burke Rehabilitation Hospital. Read more.
- Antonio Quidgley-Nevares, MD, FAAPMR, chairman and associate professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation at Eastern Virginia Medical School, is featured in this “2018 Health Care Heroes” article. Read more.
- Aurora Wong, MD, FAAPMR, was recently appointed as Sarasota Memorial’s new medical director of rehabilitation services. Dr. Wong is also a 2017 graduate of our Academy Leadership Program class. Read more.
Do you have a newsworthy story to share with your peers? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: AAPM&R reserves the right to deny requests where the purpose or content may not be considered in the best interests of AAPM&R or its members.