The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) today announced the new single payment amounts and began sending contract offers to successful bidders for Medicare’s Round 1 2017 Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program. These new payment amounts and contracts go into effect on January 1, 2017. Under the Competitive Bidding Program, DMEPOS suppliers compete to become Medicare contract suppliers by submitting bids to furnish certain items in competitive bidding areas.
The Round 1 2017 product categories are:
- Enteral Nutrients, Equipment, and Supplies
- General Home Equipment and Related Supplies and Accessories
- Includes hospital beds and related accessories, group 1 and 2 support surfaces, commode chairs, patient lifts, and seat lifts
- Nebulizers and Related Supplies
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Pumps and Related Supplies and Accessories
- Respiratory Equipment and Related Supplies and Accessories
- Includes oxygen, oxygen equipment, and supplies; continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices and respiratory assist devices (RADs) and related supplies and accessories
- Standard Mobility Equipment and Related Accessories
- Includes walkers, standard power and manual wheelchairs, scooters, and related accessories
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) Devices and Supplies
For a list of the specific items in each product category, or for a list of the areas included in Round 1 2017, visit the Competitive Bidding Implementation Contractor website.