- Jonathan Bean, MD, MPH, MS, FGSA, FAAPMR, associate professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation at Harvard Medical School as well as at the Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, has been chosen as the 2017 recipient of the Excellence in Rehabilitation of Aging Persons Award. Read more.
- Mayisha W. Duhnam, MD, MBA, FAAPMR, has led the successful organization of the first North Carolina Society of PM&R conference in 20 years.
- Brian J. Krabak, MD, MBA, FACSM, FAAPMR, physiatrist at the University of Washington, is traveling as the head team physician for the U.S.A. Swim Team, competing at the FINA 2017 World Championships in Budapest, Hungary.
- Shaik Samdani, MD, FAAPMR, a physiatrist at HealthSouth Northern Virginia has been named a 2017 Top Doctor in Aldie, Virginia. Learn more.
- Julie Silver, MD, FAAPMR, director of cancer rehabilitation, as well as an associate professor and associate chair in the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation, at Harvard Medical School and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, wrote a new article in Coping with Cancer magazine, "4 Things Every Survivor Should Know about Cancer Rehabilitation." Read more.
Do you have a newsworthy story to share with your peers? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: AAPM&R reserves the right to deny requests where the purpose or content may not be considered in the best interests of AAPM&R or its members.