- Michele Arnold, MD, FAAPMR, executive director of rehabilitation and performance medicine at Swedish Medical Center, discusses stingers and neck injuries in the NFL in this FOX News article, “Why doctors say Chancellor and Avril’s neck injuries could be career-threatening.” Read more.
- Ahmed Ayoub, MD, FAAPMR, recently joined the medical staff at McLaren Flint. Read more.
- Cheri Blauwet, MD, FAAPMR, instructor at Harvard Medical School and sports medicine physiatrist at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital/Brigham and Women’s Hospital, talks about her personal experience as a physician in this New York Times article, “I Use a Wheelchair. And Yes, I’m Your Doctor.” Read more.
- Andrea Cheville, MD, FAAPMR, professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic, is a co-author of a viewpoint article, “Management of Chronic Pain in the Aftermath of the Opioid Backlash,” published in JAMA. Read more.
- Jonathan Halperin, MD, FAAPMR, chief of physical medicine and rehabilitation at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego, is president of the Joint Commission on Sports Medicine and Science (JCSMS) and serves as AAPM&R’s representative to JCSMS. At the 2017 AAPM&R Annual Assembly, he interviewed Edward Laskowski, MD, FAAPMR, who is the co-director of the Mayo Sports Medicine Clinic. In the interview, Dr. Laskowski discusses the exciting new programs that are occurring in sports medicine, exercise, fitness, and sports science at the Mayo Clinic. Listen to the interview here.
- Daniel Painter, MD, 2017 graduate of MetroHealth Medical Center Case Western Reserve University, recently joined SwedishAmerican. Read more.
Do you have a newsworthy story to share with your peers? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: AAPM&R reserves the right to deny requests where the purpose or content may not be considered in the best interests of AAPM&R or its members.