Visit me.aapmr.org to access and purchase the new Update in Concussion Self-Assessment Examination for Practitioners (SAE-P). Worth up to 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, this SAE-P includes 27 questions covering 11 open-access articles about concussion. Covered topics include:
- Recommendations regarding criteria used to establish a diagnosis of mild traumatic brain injury.
- Selecting medications to optimally treat symptoms associated with mild traumatic brain injury.
- Why baseline exercise testing is helpful for the concussed athlete.
- Clinical concepts associated with short- and long-term effects of chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
- Risk factors used in clinical decision rules to decide when a CT scan is appropriate for a child who sustained a head injury.
Thanks to our volunteers on the Self-Assessment Committee for their work on this new resource!
- Atul Patel, MD, MHSA, Chair
- Fred Bagares, DO
- Scott Campea, MD
- Hans Carlson, MD
- Carol Crooks, MD
- Maria Dajoyag-Mejia, MD
- Colby Hansen, MD
- David Haustein, MD
- Matt Mayer, MD
- Michelle McFarlane, MD
- Virtaj Singh, MD
- Kate Temme, MD
Other concussion news: This summer, your Academy convened a concussion writing panel to develop a consensus statement on the appropriate use of exercise and medication for the treatment of concussions and mTBI. Stay tuned for more information.