The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), the premier professional association for rehabilitation physicians, also known as physiatrists, is seeking an Education Manager to oversee and manage multi-faceted education programs and support the Academy's accreditation process.
AAPM&R serves more than 9,000 board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R). PM&R physicians are nerve, muscle, bone, and brain experts who treat injury or illness non-surgically to decrease pain and restore function. AAPM&R is a leader in helping PM&R physicians acquire the continuing education, practice, knowledge, leadership skills and research findings needed to provide quality patient care.
Work with the Senior Manager of Education to oversee and manage multi-faceted educational programs including assessment-based certificate programs, in-person courses, virtual events and a national resident exam, and work with the Director of Education to support the Academy’s accreditation processes. The ideal candidate will positively and collaboratively contribute to the overall functions and processes of the Academy’s education team, have experience effectively working with volunteers and committee management, and support the Academy’s overall strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as primary staff liaison to the Self-Assessment Committee (SAC) and manage the development and implementation of the Self-Assessment Exam for Residents (SAE-R), which includes working with the Academy’s vendor to train volunteers on how to write questions and analyze post exam results to ensure the integrity of the exam is statistically sound. Work closely with residency programs and other Academy departments to manage the registration process, which includes invoicing, collection of registration fees, and assigning residents to an exam.
- Support the Senior Manager of Education with developing and implementing the assessment-based STEP Certificate Programs, which includes working with physician volunteers to develop content, overseeing the registration processes, uploading activities into the Academy’s online Learning Portal, etc. Work with the Senior Manager and respective Workgroup to identify new STEP Certificate Programs that can be implemented to support the Academy’s long-term goals.
- Work closely with the other team members of the Education and Meeting department to manage the development and implementation of other educational activities, which includes Journal CME, components of the Annual Assembly, virtual conferences, products that will bring value to the subscription, and other standalone offerings.
- Partner with volunteers and staff across the Academy to transition educational concepts, as identified via member needs assessment, environmental scans, and market research analysis, into tangible educational activities. Actively explore and identify educational learning trends, learning technology and other resources available to improve instructional design and delivery of educational content.
- Work with the Director of Education to ensure all educational activities are in compliance with ACCME accreditation requirements and Academy processes and policies. This includes managing the ACCME’s Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) process, ensuring proper documentation is collected during product development, and supporting the overall educational evaluation summary process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sr. Manager, Education, the Director, Education, or the Associate Executive Director, Education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Genuine interest and passion for educational content design and developing it in multiple and innovative formats,
- Comfort with collaborative team approach within department and across organization.
- Ability to manage several projects at once, while staying organized, and being able to respond in a timely manner to multiple incoming priorities and requests. Comfortable with independent and group work. Works efficiently, collaboratively with a cooperative spirit.
- Capable of understanding and synthesizing complex systems and situations and presenting those facts to others in a meaningful way.
- Confident using good judgment to make solid recommendations. Identifies opportunities to streamline processes and makes recommendations for overall improvements.
- Strong customer-service focus; understands member-based organizations and the unique and ever-changing balance that must be struck between rules and exceptions.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable interacting with physician volunteers.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).Knowledge of or ability to learn key organizational systems that include iMIS 20 (AMS) and Oasis (LMS).
- Experience designing enduring and live education, which includes being knowledgeable of instructional design and technology to enhance and manage educational activities, a plus.
- Working knowledge of ACCME Criteria and policies and AMA policies related to continuing medical education, a plus.
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R.
Education and Experience
- Relevant Bachelor's degree, and 3-5 years of experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in association management.
- Work experience in project management a plus.
Travel is less than 10%, including the Annual Assembly and other potential short trips throughout the year to be determined. Weekend committee meetings should be expected, primarily located at or near the office in Rosemont. There is also a potential to participate in evening conference calls/webinars throughout the year.
How to Apply For a Job with AAPM&R
Submit your cover letter, resume, salary history, and position of interest to: email@example.com.
No faxing or phone inquiries please.
- AAPM&R offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- We are working a hybrid schedule with at least 2 days in office. Must have access to the Rosemont, IL office.
- Salary range $55,000-65,000.