AAPM&R's Registry collects clinical data from a physician or group practice and submits it to CMS on behalf of the participants. As such, certain CMS-approved Merit Incentive Payment System (MIPS) measures can be used with the Registry.
NEW! Expanded Measures
AAPM&R has expanded the Registry's capabilities by developing 5 new quality measures used to track patients. These measures are focused on patients undergoing management for stroke, acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, and multiple sclerosis.
- Assessment and Management of Muscle Spasticity—Inpatient
- Management of Muscle Spasticity—Outpatient
- Functional Assessment to Determine Rehabilitation Needs
- Family Training—Inpatient Rehabilitation/Skilled Nursing Facility-Discharged to Home
- Post-Acute Brain Injury: Depression Screening and Follow-Up Plan of Care
AAPM&R's Registry Measures
Measures in the Future
As the Registry continues to gather data, analysis and refinement of the measures will be done. The Registry strives to evolve how data is collected by utilizing technology. This includes the collection of Patient-Reported Outcomes and gathering data in the least burdensome way.