Goal A: Transforming the Specialty
Physiatry is an essential medical specialty integrated early and throughout the continuum of medical care for patients with neuromusculoskeletal and disabling conditions.
Models of Physiatry
- Advance the development & promotion of integrated models of physiatry
- Document evidence basis and impact of physiatric care models
- Promote physiatric models to key stakeholders
- Create a plan to meet workforce capacity to fulfill integrated models of physiatry
- Transform GME training to align with future vision for specialty
- Prioritize patient function and quality of life as accepted health care metrics
- Elevate awareness of the value of rehabilitation medicine
- Enhance exposure to PM&R in medical schools
- Advocate to make physiatry an essential medical specialty and to eliminate barriers for advancement of prioritized models
- Advocate on public policy issues related to persons with disabling conditions
Next page: Goal B
If you have questions about the strategic plan, contact the Academy national office at email@example.com.