- Kathleen Bell, MD, FAAPMR, chair of the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at UT Southwestern Medical Center and AAPM&R Past President, talks about brain injury research in a new report. Read more.
- Katherine Bentley, MD, FAAPMR, director of the chronic pain program at Children's Specialized Hospital, was a guest speaker on a Connecticut Public Radio segment, where she discussed chronic pain and its impact on young children. Read more.
- Aaron Bunnell, MD, FAAPMR, an assistant professor of rehabilitation medicine at the University of Washington School of Medicine, shares the different factors that can contribute to post-stroke pain in a U.S. News & World Report article. Read more.
- Christopher T. Dietrich, MD, FAAPMR, physiatrist at The Rehab Doctors, recently became the 137th president of the South Dakota State Medical Association. Read more.
- John Harrell, MD, FAAPMR, associate professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation at Baylor College of Medicine, shares his recommendations for traveling pain-free while on vacation. Read more.
- Stanley A. Herring, MD, FAAPMR, senior medical advisor and co-founder of the UW Medicine Sports Health & Safety Institute, was the keynote speaker at the interdisciplinary Hospital for Special Surgery Concussion Course, which was directed by Emerald Lin, MD, FAAPMR. Dr. Herring was also a special guest speaker for the New York Society of PM&R in April. During his presentations, he conveyed how physiatry is uniquely qualified to lead in concussion care, advocacy, and management. He further discussed the need to balance the risk of sports participation with the benefits of exercise and the need to keep kids active to avoid the devastating health consequences of a sedentary lifestyle.
- Tracey Isidro, MD, incoming PGY-2 at Baylor College of Medicine, shares her thoughts in this article, "The new doc on the block: 7 lessons from my first year of being a doctor." Read more.
- Leonardo Pirillo, MD, FAAPMR, RMSK, physiatrist at Sports & Regenerative Medicine Clinic in Puerto Rico, discusses sports injuries in children. Read more.
- Amy M. West, MD, PGY-4 at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, was recently a guest on the CrossFit Podcast discussing what physiatry is and how physiatrists aim to improve function. She also explains the difference between physiatry sports medicine and orthopedic surgery. Listen to the full podcast.
Do you have a newsworthy story to share with your peers? Send us an email at: email@example.com. Please note: AAPM&R reserves the right to deny requests where the purpose or content may not be considered in the best interests of AAPM&R or its members.